Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dimensions of Creativity

The four dimensions of creativity that Guilford uses to describe creativity are: Fluency, Flexibility, Originality, and Elaboration.

Fluency is the first step in creativty, it involves having multiple ideas to brain storm and choose from. Flexibility is the ability to look at a topic from a different viewpoint or perspective. Originality involves coming up with an idea or innovation for the first time. It involves unique, usual products, and unexpected ideas. Elaboration is the final step of creativity and it completes the creative idea. It often involves filling the gaps, adding the last bit of details, and making your idea solid.

I think that my strong point is Elboration, it is easy for me to add the finishing touches to a project. For instance, I can look at a outfit, room, essay, project, whatever, and I immediately know what is missing or what it needs to be perfect. However, I lack strength in originiality. I also think that I am strong with originality. I have a very creative mind, I am always thinking of ways to make things better. When I am faced with an challenge, I can quickly come up with a solution or answer to my problems. I know what looks good and what would work well in different situations!

No comments:

Post a Comment