Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ideal Learning Environment (Little Children)


My design is based on an ideal early childhood learning environment. I chose this design because I love working with children and I am a firm believer that children are a product of their environment. In order for a child to be successful at learning they must have the appropriate tools available for them. As you enter my classroom, there is a huge colorful rug, or formally the foiler. To the left of the entrance is a storage room with cubbies, lockers, and coat hangers for each child's personal belongings. Immediate;y right of the entrance is the teacher's office. The design for the teacher's office is modern and colorful. I wanted the office to feel inviting, so I chose an abstract rug with purple wall paint. The wall adjacent to my office and the classroom is a glass wall, this allows the teacher and parents to meet while also keeping an eye on what is happening in the classroom. The classroom is occupied by two large rugs, the first rug is for dancing and exercise and the second rug is surrounded by sofas and a flat screen TV for story time and movie time. There is also a learning corner, with desks and a white board. The other section is a collection of "pretend play" toys. These toys allow the children to expand their symbolic play thus furthering cognitive capabilities. The last area is a indoor play ground. It has a fish pond, with a fish for each child, swings, sandbox, a toy train, etc.. This area is for free playing time. All children must have a time for recess, I wanted to make sure my design allowed recess regardless of weather conditions. As you can see my design is neat, modern, colorful, and very appealing to the young person's eye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment